Test Evaluation Paper Assignment Instructions
The purpose of the Test Evaluation Paper Assignment is to evaluate the psychometric properties of a psychological assessment of your choice. For this Test Evaluation Paper Assignment, you will select ONE psychological test that is NOT covered in the textbook or in any class presentations. You will use the Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) database available through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library website to find resources to aid in evaluating the test.
Evaluation of the Psychometric Properties of the Test
Your evaluation of the test should include the following areas of consideration:
1. Purpose of Test: What is the purpose of the test (personality, screening, diagnosis, marriage counseling, placement for children, etc.)? Who developed it and why? How is it used?
2. Type of Test/Scoring: What kind of items does the test utilize (T/F, likert, etc)? How is the test scored? What kind of score(s) do respondents receive (percentile rank, z score, T score, total and /or subscale scores?)
3. Normative Sample: Describe the normative sample (including the number of participants and their known demographic characteristics). Indicate whether or not the normative sample is adequately representative of the intended test-takers.
4. Administration: How is the test administered? Paper and pencil? Computer based? Who can purchase/administer the test (i.e., minimum qualifications)?
5. Reliability: Correctly use terms from the textbook/course materials to define the types of evidence for reliability reported in the review articles, and provide the specific numerical values of the reliability statistics. If no reliability data are provided, then explain what type of evidence for reliability you would need in order to fully evaluate the test.
6. Validity: Correctly use terms from the textbook/course materials to define the types of evidence for validity reported in the review articles, and provide the specific numerical values of the validity coefficients. If no validity data are provided, then explain what type of evidence for validity you would need in order to fully evaluate the test.
Justification for Selecting the Test
Your justification for selecting the test should include the following areas of consideration:
1. Explain why you selected this test for review. Specifically, explain how the test is relevant to what you are doing now and/or your future career plans.
2. Explain how the test that you chose fits in with the goals and responsibilities of Christian professionals who might utilize the test. Choose at least one scriptural citation to support your argument.
Test Evaluation Paper Assignment Parameters
1. Use of current APA formatting guidelines is expected throughout your paper.
2. Your assignment should include a current APA-formatted Title Page.
3. You will choose one (1) psychological test to evaluate, and you will find two (2) articles from the Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) database that assess the psychometric properties of the test that you chose.
4. In your evaluation of the test, you will use information gathered from both review articles to write a comprehensive evaluation of the test.
● The written evaluation of the test itself (the body of your paper) should be 2-3 pages in length.
● Your paper should be written in a scholarly writing style with a formal, college-level tone that utilizes appropriate grammar, diction, spelling, and punctuation.
● Your paper should appropriately utilize in-text citations of all sources (2 review articles and 1 scriptural citation), and citations should be presented in accurate current APA format.
5. Your paper will include an current APA-formatted References Page.
● Your references page should include the reference information for the 2 review articles that you obtained from the MMY.
● You also may include the class textbook as a reference if you cite information from the textbook when writing your paper.
● Make sure that you reference every source that you cite and that you cite every source that you reference. (Referencing the Bible is not required in current APA-formatted manuscripts, but you can choose to reference it if you would like. Citing the Bible is required.)
● Your references for articles obtained from the MMY should include the following information: 1) Last name, first initial of author(s) of the review, 2) year of publication of MMY edition, 3) name of test being reviewed, 4) name(s) of MMY editors, 5) title of MMY edition, and 6) electronic retrieval statement
● Please see the Test Evaluation Paper: MMY Reference Template document provided in the Assignment Instructions folder for visual guidance on how to format your references.
Be sure to carefully review the Test Evaluation Paper Grading Rubric so that you know exactly what is expected of you when completing this Test Evaluation Paper Assignment.Hide Files: 16PF Adolescent Personality Questionnaire Article 1.docx, Article 2.docx