For this paper, you will identify and synthesize the concepts and constructs of personality theory that you find to be the most accurate and appropriate in explaining personality and development.
In this section of the paper, you will present a concept from each of the remaining three models—behavioral, interpersonal, and self-psychology models.
For each of these three concepts:
- Apply a proper APA heading to separate the section.
- Describe the concept.
- Identify the theorist associated with the concept.
- Provide a rationale for why the selected concept is the most applicable from that model.
Keep in mind that the object of this assignment is to identify and discuss a specific concept from each model and not to focus on just one model or provide overviews of the models per se.
The Roles of Heredity and Environment
In this class, we have explored the roles heredity, the environment, and epigenetics play in the development of personality. In this section,
- Synthesize your views on how heredity and the environment affect personality development.
Assessment in Personality Theory
In this section, reflect on the various methods for assessing personality that have been presented in this course, and select one that you feel is most useful.
- Describe briefly the assessment method that you believe is most useful in assessing personality.
- Justify your selection of this method.
In this section of the paper, reflect on your personality and address the following items:
- Identify which of the seven models best explains your developmental journey.
- Provide at least one specific example of an element or elements of your personality that are explained by your selected model.
In this section, consider how you can use the knowledge from this course as a professional, addressing the following item:
- Explain how you can use the knowledge you have gained about personality development to help achieve your career goals within the military.
Provide a brief conclusion, addressing the following:
- Summarize the ideas presented in your synthesis of, and reflection on, personality theory.
The Personality Theory Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style.
- Must include a separate title page and reference page.
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of the paper.
- MUST UTILIZE ATLEAST SIX (6) SCHOLARLY SOURCES THROUGHOUT.
Useful Reference: Please see attached for a previous paper on my thoughts on the most important concepts from the psychodynamic, the neurobiological, the cognitive, and the trait models of personality that I identified for the first four of the seven theoretical models. Hide Files: PSY_Week 3_Primary Concepts.FINAL PAPER.docx