Assignment 4 – Schizophrenia Paper
Biopsychological Analysis of Schizophrenia
In this assignment, please synthesize an overview of the major theories relating to the pathology of schizophrenia, as well as provide a detailed discussion of the etiology (causes) and clinical interventions, using research to support the analysis.
For this assignment, please will expand on the subject content from the attached assignments. Be sure to include all the information covered in the Assignment 3 – Annotated Outline. In keeping with the focus of this class, the emphasis of the paper will be on the neuroscience aspects of schizophrenia, to include the following:
- Explain the theories of etiology (causes) of schizophrenia with a focus on the neurobiology of the disorder.
- Explain associated factors in development of schizophrenia (genetic, environmental, familial, lifestyle).
- Describe the pathology of schizophrenia with an emphasis on the abnormalities of nervous system structure and function (brain structures, neural pathways, neurotransmitter/receptor systems), including any genetic and biochemical aspects.
- Give examples of treatment options including both drug (pharmacological) and non-drug (pharmacological treatments), with rationales for use of these treatments based on current understanding of the neurobiology of schizophrenia.
- Summarize diagnostic and research technologies employed in clinical diagnosis, clinical and behavioral health care, and basic science research.
The research will include the references identified in Assignment 1, Assignment 2, and Assignment 3, with additional references as needed. The references should include a minimum of six to eight peer-reviewed and/or scholarly sources, which provide evidence-based information regarding the biological and psychological features of the disorder and were published within the last five years. At least four of the references should be peer-reviewed publications of original research studies.
The Biopsychological Analysis of Schizophrenia paper:
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Please ensure the introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must include a separate title page and reference page.
- Must use at least six to eight scholarly or peer-reviewed sources.
- Must utilize academic voice.
Please utilize the attached Assignment 1 – Selection of Final Project Topic written assignment, Assignment 2 – Annotated Bibliography, and Assignment 3 – Annotated Outline.Hide Files: Assignment 1_Neurodevelopment Disorder.docx, Assignment 2_Annotated Bibliography Schizophrenia.docx, Assignment 3 – Outline – Schizophrenia.docx, Assignment 1_Neurodevelopment Disorder.docx, Assignment 2_Annotated Bibliography Schizophrenia.docx, Assignment 3 – Outline – Schizophrenia.docx